Community forums English - spreed » News

Spreed Linux issues

(4 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by rferreira
  • Latest reply from Spreed Webinare

rferreira

Cheers, and first of all thanks for creating spreed. I'm posting this here hoping it can help anyone using Linux saving some time.

I've spent the best part of the afternoon trying to get screen Spreed to work in Linux with Firefox/Chromium and only succeeded after digging around a bit in the SpreedX python code.

1. It seems SpreedX scans for Flash LSO files in order to retrieve the conference URL it has to push the screen data into. However this does not work in my system (because I'm using Chromium) - more generally there are a number of situations where LSO scanning WILL NOT work in Linux

- If using Chromium (because the LSO is in .config/chromium instead of .config/google-chrome)
- If the user has installed privacy tools that disable ~/.macromedia
- If the user is not using the Chrome Default user profile

This could be much simplified it the push url in simply available in the meeting dashboard and could be passed to the SpreedX app (e.g. ./spreedX https://eu42.spreed.com/flvscreen/push/****).

2. On an unrelated note it seems the microphone/webcam do not work in Firefox/Linux because of the older flash version (11.*) and also not in chromium 34.* (clicking the proper buttons does not trigger the authorisation popup).

BR

Posted 3 years ago #

Spreed Webinare
Moderatoravatar

Thank you for your ideas to improve Spreed for Linux!
Please use Chrome with Linux as web browser and test to activate your microphone and webcam. Combined with updated Flash plugin this should work (not for Firefox).

Best regards
Spreed team

Posted 3 years ago #

vecchi.p

Had the same issue here. Firefox v. 36 still doesn't want to allow microphone/cam to work but at least for Chromium v. 41 I found a workaround.
Create a symlink from .config/chromium to .config/google-chrome and desktop sharing works straight away.

Posted 2 years ago #

Spreed Webinare
Moderatoravatar

Thanks for sharing your workaround!

Best regards
from
Spreed team

Posted 2 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.