Community forums English - spreed » Support: technical

flash microphone - people can't hear me

(5 posts)

seminar

At beginning of a meeting, speaker turns on microphone - but people can't hear him, though OS shows the microphone is transmitting. Sometimes switching browsers fixes issues - sometimes a reboot is needed.

Posted 2 years ago #

Spreed Webinare
Moderatoravatar

Dear Spreed user,

every moderator/speaker needs to enable microphone (headset) by clicking on the microphone icon on the left top in the meeting room. Did you use it with Chrome browser? If not please check it with Chrome.
We can also check it with a short test meeting - just contact us by email support@spreed.com

Best regards
from
Spreed Team

Posted 2 years ago #

seminar

It is sporadic. Of course we have enabled microphone (headset) by clicking on the microphone icon on the left top in the meeting room. We have tried it with all the usual browsers: IE, Opera, FF, Chrome. Sometimes it works with one browser, sometimes with another, sometimes you have to reboot.

The thing is when you start a meeting as a moderator, you have to be certain that your microphone is transmitting before you start and not have to delay the meeting to scramble for a working browser or reboot the machine.

Since we have at least 11 scheduled meetings per week, we need some 100% method/settings (reset), recipe, or whatever that will always work.

Posted 2 years ago #

seminar

e.g. in "Control panel -> Flash Player" I am surprised to see dozens of websites that have supposedly asked to use the Camera or Microphone some time or other. Does this list have any relevance? Should I purge it? When the microphone refuses to transmit, could there be some rogue program/website occupying the mike? How can one detect this and release it?

Posted 2 years ago #

Brian Krause

Thank you for contacting us by email - we can discuss all of these issues in a Spreed Online Meeting to get a better common understanding and to give you further support.

Best regards
Brian Krause

Posted 2 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.